Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

2009 National Day of Pilgrimage: The Mass


















The mass took place on the ancient grounds of the priory at Walsingham.  These grounds, so I am told, are only opened up for this grand occasion.

Everything was done with proper care to churchmanship, sometimes a tad over the top in places.  The weather was exceedingly agreeable and we had a nice spot over on the lawn and there we sat with our children.

My only complaint was that when I took my daughter up to receive Communion at one of the many stations, she put her hand out only to be denied the Body of Our Lord by the priest!  Instead, she received a blessing and then she promptly started crying loudly, "my bread!  I want my bread!"  I encouraged to cry even louder as I was terribly distraught over the out-dated eucharistic theology of this priest.

























































































2 comments:

Jo said...

Chad,
I was so sorry to read that a priest at Walsingham refused your daughter Communion. However, I was thrilled to read that you went to the National Pilgrimage.
Blessings, Jo Stelzig, Secretary, US Friends of Our Lady of Walsingham

Dr. Chad M. Krouse said...

Thanks Jo! It was an amazing experience and I'm really glad that I got to participate!

Cheers!

Chad