Recent Posts

Monday, September 7, 2009

Missale Anglicanum


I've blown my book budget this semester! But, I'm also now the proud owner of the Missale Anglicanum, The English Missal. This is a faithful translation of the Missale Romanum and tends to be popular amongst Anglo-Papists. Known as the "Knott Missal," the book has undergone several editions and now through Canterbury Press, one can order the most recent. Knott and Sons was the original publisher of the Missal.

I snagged a Third Edition of the Altar Missal published in 1934, complete in leather binding and with gilt-edged pages. It was sleeping in a small bookshop in England and will hopefully be airlifted to Sewanee in due time.


Didn't someone say blessed are the poor? I am now in that category...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, well I guess you'll now be able to understand what's in the Missale Romanum. :)
BTW - THIS is a purchase of which I am truly jealous. I'm going to have to drive down there and burgle some books from you while you're in class or something.

chrisgrady said...

No one said "blessed are the poor" but He DID say "blessed are the poor in spirit" . . .