Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Arise, Shine!


The coat of arms of Dr. Chad M. Krouse, 
emblazoned by Hector Rojas

Yes, it's been several years since I last posted on this blog.  In short, lots of things, good things (great, in fact) have happened in the intervening years since.  Today, the world is no longer the same; the COVID-19 pandemic has forced the world to shut down, to pause, and reset.  Being home the last seven weeks has given me time to also pause and reset, just like I had to do with finding the password to this site.

I hope to share more in the coming days and weeks.  So many old hobbies and interests have been rekindled during this time.  Wait for it...yes!  Heraldry.  It's funny in a way.  Back in 2014, I was all over the subject, loving every minute.  I couldn't get enough of it, in fact.  When I began my doctoral program in 2015, my focus inevitably shifted, free time was a luxury I could no longer afford.

About a year ago, I commissioned Hector Rojas to emblazon my full achievement, another luxury I could not have afforded back in the day.  While I didn't do anything exciting with the rendering, I was pleased to have them.

During this shutdown, I'm keeping the digital heralds busy.  I'll share a few new things over the coming days.  Until then, it's great to be back.  Be safe. 

0 comments: