Recent Posts

Saturday, October 12, 2024

Armorial Ensigns of the Well-Known

Arms of several Ivy League schools.
Rendered by Chad Krouse, 2024.
This weekend I was able to scratch off several more projects, including these emblazonments.  Certainly well known, no doubt.

Coat of Arms of Princeton University
Arms of Princeton University.
Rendered by Chad Krouse, 2024.

I was actually a bit surprised with how my version of Princeton's arms turned out.  The tenne, or orange "stain," looks like stain to me!

Coat of Arms of the University of Pennsylvania.
Arms of the University of Pennsylvania.
Rendered by Chad Krouse, 2024. 

And since both Princeton and UPenn share basically the same field division (chevron and chief), these two arms came together in vector format rather quickly.

Coat of Arms of Stanford University.
Arms of Stanford University.
Rendered by Chad Krouse, 2024.

While I previously shared my emblazonment for Stanford University's arms, it only seems fitting to include those here--the "Harvard of the West Coast."

I wanted to get the arms of Cambridge and Oxford completed as well.  

Honestly, I feel like the sky is my limit now when considering which heraldic projects to tackle next.  Practicing with all these well-know arms has been great to learn my software (and more importantly, patience).

Arms of Cambridge University.
Rendered by Chad Krouse, 2024.

Arms of Oxford University.
Rendered by Chad Krouse, 2024.

0 comments: