Recent Posts

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Platefuls: A Poem

I like eggs on top of pancakes.  I know it's weird, but it is a choice.

I learned that from my Pappaw, he liked them that way.
I remember as a child watching him at breakfast,

and then I thought that I should try it too. 

If only life could be that straight forward, to the naïveté of most,
it is.  But those that know differently can see through it.
I'm sorry that you won't know my choices in life;

most are mistakes, and some even seem funny to me now. 
But there's just two that I am most proud of, to say the least.

My point is simply this: try and be. 

Try life out for what it is, and don't stop trying.  In fact,
don't give up.  Quitting only leaves open room for regret.

Be and be large.  You get many choices in life, platefuls
so it seems.  No matter what, integrity guides you, so be
who you were created to be.  Again, regrets. 

My choices are not yours.  Some aren't choices at all.  
Learn from me but know that you don't have to like my tastes.
If you ever want to know what goes with spaghetti,

well, just ask your mother.  

1 comments:

Heather Tyner said...

This is a good one brother - keep on keepin' on!